Sunday, September 4, 2011

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”


I started school here at BYU-I in 2008. I was 18, just graduated from high school and certain of everything I wanted to happen in life. I had everything planned out. I’m sure you have heard this story before.  
I’m now graduated from school. I’m 21 years old, I’m married, and I manage student approved housing for men.  I didn’t get to go on a mission, I didn’t get to study abroad, and I didn’t get to take the horseback riding class I was dying to try. About the only thing I did plan on that actually happened was graduating with my BA in Psychology and a minor in marriage and family.
The best part about this whole story though, is that it wasn’t authored by me alone.  My family, my friends, my fellow students, my professors, and of course my favorite person in the whole wide universe- my husband, helped write my story with me.  I am much more humble, much more patient, much more faithful, and much, much more happier than I’ve ever been in my entire life.  And I have God and everyone around me to thank for that.
So the next time you sit down and think about what you haven’t done yet in your life, think about what you have done so far, who you’ve met, and most importantly who you have become. I wouldn’t trade my story for anything, now that I see it’s got a happy ending. I’m sure I will still try to write it all out by myself from time to time, but now I know that there are people that will come along and make their mark in my life’s story, leaving it a little more surprising and a lot more enjoyable than anything I could come up with on my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment