Saturday, May 1, 2010

O- is for the only one I see!


"Our greatest strength as a human is our ability to acknowledge our differences, our greatest weakness is our failure to embrace them." 

    When Scott drove out to Idaho for school he picked these magnets out at a gas station along the way.  He saved them for our first refrigerator and now here they are!  I LOVE them.  They say so much about our relationship. 
    One of the biggest life lessons I've learned is from my husband, (as I'm sure many of them will be):  People always say look past your differences, when in reality you need to understand each other's differences and embrace them!  Scott makes up where I lack and visa versa. 
    For example, Scott is SO OBSERVANT. I, on the other hand am horrible at noticing details.  Scott helps me realize when I need to watch for more details- like when he woke up one morning and found my key had been left in the front door all night.  
     Or take our eating habits even: I take forever eating- I love to savor each bite.  Scott is more of the mindset: "go big or go home"... I think this picture speaks for itself:) 



      Being able to see our differences for what they are is such a great skill we have learned to acquire.  It's workin great so far in the past... 3 weeks that we've been married! So I'm just acknowledging (and embracing) some of the differences we have, and invite any body reading this to do the same!

         

   




No comments:

Post a Comment